School Support Head (or CPE in French)
The CPE is a member of the school staff responsible for:
- secondary school management on a day-to-day basis: monitoring the number of pupils, pupil attendance and punctuality. The CPE leads the Education Assistants team and is in charge of pupil mobility and safety.
- cooperation with the teaching staff: the CPE is in charge of monitoring pupil education (results, studying conditions, discussing issues and ways to overcome difficulties). The CPE takes part in class councils.
- leading education: the CPE is in charge of addressing pupils, collectively (as a class) or individually. He plays a role in learning citizenship (class representative elections, taking part in solidarity actions...).
They take part in managing and supervising the education of pupils. They:
- monitor the ins and outs of pupils on the playground, in the corridors, and during lunchtime
- supervise the study room and help with homework
- perform some administrative tasks (late pupils and absentees)
- coordinate and lead educational and academic activities (school outings and educational visits).
They supervise pupils during lunchtime breaks.
The School Support Team does not operate in isolation. It cooperates with:
- the Headteacher
- the school nurse
- the librarian.
It also cooperates with parents.