The secondary school library (or CDI in French) is located on CFBL’s 2nd floor in a large, comfortable, well-lit room. It is a workspace, used for reading & research, open to pupils, teachers and CFBL’s other staff. It is run by a teacher-librarian who welcomes users & advises & guides them in their studies.
The school library is:
a resource centre where users can:
consult and borrow
- novels, stories, newspapers, cartoons, poetry & plays,
- documentary books,
- magazines ("Le Monde des Ados", "Today in English", "Histoire junior"…),
- dictionaries & encyclopaedias, text books, reference books, exam papers,
- digital & audio-visual resources (le Site TV), careers documents (Kiosque ONISEP)
- documents for teachers & other staff (reports, curriculum),
- consult the internet & e-sidoc,
- consult and borrow
- a place for training: to acquire research skills, to develop pupils’ initiative…
- a place for cultural exchange: to encourage reading, partnerships, cultural activities, exhibitions, other projects…
The school library is equipped with 7 computers and a printer.
Pupils can use the school library at various times during the day (lunchbreak, playtimes …) or with a teacher or the librarian during a lesson.
To see what the school library looks like and to find out its opening hours & borrowing conditions, visit e-sidoc and look under Informations pratiques.